To excel in comprehensive and integrated care for youth and families.
To serve youth and families through Evidence-Based programming designed to promote pro-social behavior and healthy lifestyles.
- Respect – the inherent dignity and self-worth of each individual.
- Responsibility – Being accountable for one’s own actions.
- Integrity – honesty and trustworthiness as the focus of all our actions.
- Personal Growth – fostering the healthy development of body, mind, and spirit.
Perseus House is implementing the Sanctuary® Model which complements our programming culture and treatment philosophy through the Seven Commitments: Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Open Communication, Democracy, Social Responsibility, and Growth and Change. It is our position that a period of external discipline and assistance, however temporary, is at times necessary in a safe environment to interrupt negative patterns of thoughts and behaviors in order to provide the start for a new beginning.
The seven Sanctuary® Model commitments:
- Commitment to Nonviolence: To understand what violence does to us and those around us.
- Commitment to Emotional Intelligence: To understand our feelings and others’ so we don’t hurt each other.
- Commitment to Social Learning: To show respect in a teaching and learning environment.
- Commitment to Democracy: To share in the decision-making.
- Commitment to Open Communication: To speak openly with respect and handle what others say to us.
- Commitment to Social Responsibility: To develop a community where everyone has a part in making our community just and fair.
- Commitment to Growth and Change: To collaborate with those in our community towards a positive future.